Darien Swim and Recreation Club is Opening!
Dear DSRC members,
First and foremost, we hope that you and your loved ones are safe and healthy. Earlier this year, DSRC Board voted to hire Pool Guards to handle the day to day operations and management of the pool. We need them more than ever this year and are excited they are part of DSRC! After review of the phase 4 guidelines we are happy to let you know that we plan to reopen while following the IDPH guidance to protect our swimmers, staff and community. We will be opening Friday July 3rd at 12:00 p.m.
The health and safety of our swimmers, staff, and other patrons remains our highest priority. Below you will find a summary of the actions we are taking to help ensure we are lowering COVID-19 risk as much as possible while also allowing our members to enjoy the pool. Under the Phase 4 guidelines we will have to open at limited capacity due to social distancing requirements.
Although some of the below conditions are not ideal, they are required by the Illinois Department of Public Health. IDPH will be conducting inspections and in order to keep our pool open we need to work together to follow the below rules.
We have outlined the requirements below and will ask everyone to verbally acknowledge these requirements when they enter the pool.
- Promoting healthy hygiene practices such as encouraging all staff and members to stay home if they are unwell, wash their hands frequently, cover coughs and sneezes, wear face coverings when not in the water (with the exception of children younger that 2 years of age and anyone with a medical condition that makes breathing difficult).
- The Pool staff have daily requirements for monitoring their health and will be wearing a mask when in the front office
- All members will be required to wear a face mask to enter the pool (Face masks will be available for purchase at the front desk while supplies last)
- All staff and pool members will have their temperature taken, upon entry to the pool, with a touch free device. Anyone with a temperature will not be able to enter the pool
- Increasing cleaning and disinfection within our facilities
- The Pool, deck and concession area will need to close for complete cleaning of all chairs/tables/bathrooms every 2 ½ hours at 2:30 & 5:30. You are welcome to wait outside of the facilities or in your car during the cleaning. Guests will not have to pay again for same day entry.
Daily Pool hours
3:00 – 5:30
6 – 8:30 (closing at 8:30)
- Encouraging Social Distancing when possible
- Changing concession and deck layouts to ensure tables can remain 6 feet apart (PLEASE NOTE TABLES and CHAIRS CANNOT BE MOVED or joined together with other tables)
- Marking lane lines for front door que, concessions and diving boards
- No Grills
- No common ice bins
- Showers and drinking fountains will not be available
Members can still bring their own drinks and food to the pool. Please also note that due to changes in our deck layout the infant pool will be closed. There will not be a lifeguard on duty for the 2 ft pool. The 2ft pool will be restricted to children under the age of 7 and their guardian. We will not have adult swim.
We will keep you updated if there is a need for additional accommodations or changes. Thank you! We look forward to seeing you at the pool!
DSRC is still accepting membership applications!
JOIN the POOL for the 2020 Season – Membership application below
Interested in renting the clubhouse?
Click on the ‘Rental’ tab at right for further information or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org