Additional Pool Rules due to COVID19
-Restrooms are available on an as needed basis. Patrons are encouraged to shower at home, and arrive and leave facility in swimwear
-Members are able to still bring food/drink
The Pool, deck and concession area will need to close for complete cleaning of all chairs/tables/bathrooms every 2 ½ hours at 2:30 & 5:30. You are welcome to wait outside of the facilities or in your car during the cleaning. Guests will not have to pay again for same day entry.
Daily Pool hours
3:00 – 5:30
6 – 8:30 (closing at 8:30)
-Changing concession and deck layouts to ensure tables can remain 6 feet apart (PLEASE NOTE TABLES and CHAIRS CANNOT BE MOVED or joined together with other tables)
Marking lane lines for front door que, concessions and diving boards
No common ice bins
Please also note that due to changes in our deck layout the infant pool will be closed. There will not be a lifeguard on duty for the 2 ft pool. The 2ft pool will be restricted to children under the age of 7 and their guardian. We will not have adult swim.
-All staff shall wear masks at all times while not life guarding
-Staff shall not congregate in guard rooms
– All pens must be sanitized after use
– All staff temperatures must be taken with the infrared touchless thermometer provided to the pool
– Staff with temperatures will not be allowed to enter the facility, and must provide a doctor’s note to return to work
-If an employee does contract COVID, he/she must stay home for a minimum of 10 days after symptom onset, and follow CDC quarantine guidelines
-Social distancing of 6′ must be practiced whenever possible
– Cleaning protocols must be followed which includes: locker rooms and tables
**The primary responsibility of the lifeguard is to maintain pool safety**
-All member’s temperatures must be taken with the infrared touchless thermometer provided to the pool
-Customers should wear face coverings when entering the pool area
-Exceptions for children under 2 years of age, and people who cannot safely wear facial coverings due to medical conditions
-Patrons should frequently wash hands or use hand sanitizer. Patrons should keep seating area clean
-Patrons should follow social distancing where applicable
-Patrons will not be allowed to reserve tables
–Patron group sizes are limited to no more than 10 people
DSRC Pool Rules
The pool rules have been updated this year. You may read them below. Please download a copy of the DSRC Rule Book for the complete set of rules.
The Board of Directors of the Darien Swim and Racquet Club to govern the safe and sanitary operation of pools and facilities related thereto has adopted the following rules and regulations. They are for the benefit and protection of all the members and are subject to change at any time by action of the Board of Directors. The manager in charge is authorized to initiate temporary policies or rules at any time such action in his/her opinion is necessary. Those rules and regulations required by the State of Illinois may not be altered. Pool supervisory personnel and the Pools and Grounds Chairman are responsible for the enforcement of these rules and are authorized to suspend pool privileges for violations in accordance with the bylaws: Article III, Section 7. Parents are requested to caution their children to observe all rules and obey instructions of the staff in order to promote the SAFETY, CLEANLINESS, AND ENJOYMENT OF ALL. Family members are responsible for any and all guests being aware of these rules and regulations and the compliance therewith.
FOR PURPOSE OF SUPPORTING SWIMMERS: INNER TUBES, WATER WINGS, AND ALL OTHER FLOTATION DEVICES ARE NOT PERMITTED AT ANY TIME. FOR SAFETY PURPOSES, ONY A LIFE VEST APPROVED BY THE UNITED STATES COAST GUARD IS TO BE USED. IF A MINOR/NON-SWIMMER USES SUCH LIFE VEST, A PARENT OR GUARDIAN MUST MAINTAIN DIRECT SUPERVISORY CONTACT WITH THE NON-SWIMMER AT ALL TIMES.
POOL HOURS* See Pool Hours tab
* Pool will not be open if the outside temperature is below 70 degrees, or during other inclement weather. Pool staff reserves the right to close the pool at any time due to low attendance or weather. Pool hours will adjusted once school starts in August due to staffing issues.
- All persons using the Club facilities do so at their own risk. The Club is not responsible for any accident or injury on the premises and is not responsible for loss, theft, or damage to clothing, automobile, bicycles, or any other personal effects.
- Animals are not permitted on Club property.
- All deck furniture (lounges, deck chairs) is limited to one person. Use of lounges is restricted to adults only (eighteen years of age or older) at all times.
- Anyone not occupying deck furniture should relinquish same by removing personal belongings, otherwise, such belongings are subject to removal.
- Bicycles must be parked in the area provided.
- Any complaints with respect to employees should be reported to the Pool Manager.
- Members and their guests are requested not to short cut through private property to obtain entrance to the Club facilities, nor shall members enter the pool area except through the proper entrance.
- Lounge chairs may not be used behind diving boards, or in the concession stand area, unless approved by the Pool Manager.
- The pool may not be used unless supervisory personnel are on duty.
- Running, pushing, dunking, horseplay, imitating the action of a drowning person, throwing objects, etc., are forbidden. This includes areas around the pool..
- Ball games, water polo, horse and rider contests, and other games are prohibited
- The use of glass or metal in any form is forbidden in the pool area.
- The last fifteen (15) minutes of each hour will be reserved for adult swimming
(18 years of age or older) in the large pool. A lap lane will be maintained at all times.
- Bathers using suntan lotions, cream or oil are required to shower before entering the pool.
- No one will be permitted in the diving area that cannot demonstrate to the satisfaction of the guard on duty the ability to swim twenty-five (25) yards.
- Pool personnel may require proof of swimming ability for entrance into the large pool.
- Snorkels, masks with glasses, and scuba diving equipment will not be allowed in the pool.
- Use of nerf balls will be allowed at the discretion of the pool management.
- Members are permitted to bring alcoholic beverages in the concession stand area. Intoxicated persons shall not be admitted to the pool and any person becoming intoxicated will be required to leave the Club facilities, upon request of the Manager.
- The Board of Directors may close the pool for health and/or safety reasons as well as for sponsored events.
STATE OF ILLINOIS REGULATIONS
- Admission to the pool Is refused to all persons having any venereal disease, contagious disease, infectious condition such as colds fevers, ringworm, foot infection, skin lesions, carbuncles, pimples, inflamed eyes, ear discharges, etc., or any other condition which has the appearance of being Infectious. Persons with excessive sunburn, abrasions which have not healed, corn plasters, bunion pads, adhesive tape, rubber bandages, etc., or other bandages of any kind will not be admitted.
- No food, drink, gum, tobacco, or alcoholic beverage will be allowed in pool area except when authorized by the Board of Directors.
- All persons will be required to take a shower in the nude with soap and warm water before being allowed in the pool area. Bathers who leave the pool area for any reason are required to shower before returning to the pool.
- The pool manager shall have the authority to adopt requirements, which would require swimmers with long hair to wear bathing caps/tied up.
- All persons shall be subject to any other rules and regulations, which the pool management may deem necessary for the good and safety of all.
- Personal conduct in the pool and bathhouse must be such that the safety of the self and the others are not jeopardized. People in street shoes, and other spectators, are not allowed in the pool deck area.
- Unnecessary expectoration, spouting of water, roughness etc.,will not be permitted.
- Whenever additional rules are deemed advisable for proper conduct of this pool and the protection of the health and safety of its patrons, the management is authorized to issue and put into effect such rule, either printed or verbal.
- All bathing apparel worn in the pool must be clean and sanitary.
- This placard embodying pool regulations and instructions should be conspicuously posted in the pool area or enclosure and in the dressing rooms of all swimming pools.
- Individual must be a member or guest of a member.
- Children under ten (10) years of age must be accompanied by a responsible member thirteen (13) years of age or older. The total number of such underage children under the supervision of a single member thirteen (13) years or older shall be limited according to the discretion of the Pool Manager or his/her designated assistant. A parent may accompany any number of his or her own children.
- Use of wading pool shall be limited to children three (3) years of age and younger. A responsible person must supervise children using the wading pool.
- The wearing of diapers is not allowed. Training pants and plastic pants or swim diapers may be worn.
- The intermediate pool is intended for children seven (7) years of age and younger.
- Pool Passes must be scanned for entrance to the pool; if your photo is not in the data base, you will be required to have your photo taken, or supply a photo ID to confirm your identity. Lost passes may be replaced for $5.00 each.
- Cost of any property damage will be charged to the membership holder, whether a family member or guest caused damage.
- Intoxicated persons shall not be admitted to the pool area.
- A “Guest” is any non-member accompanied by a member of at least 13 years of age- Guest fees and resident boundary restrictions apply
- All rules and requirements applying to members also apply to guests.
- The Pool Manager or his/her designated assistant has the authority to limit guest admittance as the conditions warrant.
- Members shall register their guests with the Pool Office and receive proper receipts for their guest. Members are responsible for paying the guest fee for their guests on the day the guest is registered. No payments will be accepted from nonmembers.
- Guests will be required to show proof of residence.
- Under NO circumstances will any guest be allowed into the pool unless accompanies by a pool member.
- All guest fees must be paid before any guest can gain admittance to the pool. ABSOLUTELY NO FEES WILL BE CARRIED OVER; THEY MUST BE PAID AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. All guest fees must be paid by check or pre-paid coupon. No cash will be accepted. Coupon books are not replaceable if lost or stolen.
- Guests shall be those persons who live outside the area bounded: On the North by 63rd Street, The South by Interstate 55, On the West by Woodward, And on the East by Highway 83.
- No guest that lives with pool boundaries will be allowed in the pool until the date is determined by the Board of Directors.
- No one is permitted under the boards at any time, either on the deck or in the water.
- Only one person is allowed on a board at any one time.
- Caution is necessary before diving or jumping into the water.
- No diving or jumping off the sides of the boards.
- No diving off the edge of the pool in the diving area.
- No swimming in front of the diving board area.
- Persons under the age of 8 may not use the high board. Exceptions may be made at the management discretion.
- Exit from the diving pool area shall be limited to the ladders and big pool. Exiting by climbing over the pool wall is prohibited.
Please download a copy of the DSRC Rule Book